Kolesa Gospel Band (Namibia) - Fugena (video & comments)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the Gospel song "Fugena" by the Namibian Gospel group Kolesa Gospel Band.

Selected comments from this video's discussion thread are also included in this post.

Some commenters shared that this song is in the Chokwe language. If you understand this language, please share this song's lyrics or at least a summary of this song in English or in Portuguese or French or some other language that can be translated via Google translate. Thanks!

Information about the Chokwe people is also included in this post.

****
The content of this post is presented for religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Kolesa Gospel Band for this beautiful song. Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHOKWE ETHNIC GROUP
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokwe_people
"The Chokwe people, also called Ciokwe, Cokwe, Tchokwe, Bajokwe or Badjok, are an ethnic group of Central and Southern Africa. They are found primarily in Angola, south-western parts of Democratic Republic of the Congo (Kinshasa to Lualaba), and northwestern parts of Zambia.[1]"...

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: KOLESA Gospel Band - Fungena (official video)



INCH Videos, Published on May 24, 2016
-snip-
Selected comments from this video's discussion thread. These comments are numbered for referencing purposes only.
1. acacio zeza uanda, 2016
"Sou da tribo chokwe, fiquei surpreso em ver este grupo KOLESA. GOSTARIA DE FAZER ALGUMAS PERGUNTAS.1. ESTE GRUPO � DE QUE PAIS EM AFRICA?2. EU SOU DE ANGOLA DA REGIAO LESTE E FALO CHOKWE.3. TENHO MUITO INTERESSE EM SABER DOS MEUS IRMAOS, POIS ESTOU SURPRESO E MUITO EM VER ALGUEM QUE FALA MINHA LINGUAPROFESSOR DOUTOR ACACIO ZEZA UANDAAGUARDO NOTICIASMERCI BEACOUP"
-snip-
[Google translate from Portuguese to English]
"I'm from the chokwe tribe, I was surprised to see this KOLESA group. I WOULD LIKE TO DO SOME QUESTIONS. THIS GROUP IS WHAT COUNTRY IN AFRICA? I AM FROM ANGOLA FROM THE EAST REGION AND I SPEAK CHOKWE.3. I HAVE A LOT OF INTEREST IN KNOWING MY BROTHERS, BECAUSE I AM SURPRISE AND VERY VERY VERY SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS MY LINGUA PROFESSOR DOCTOR ACACIO ZEZA UANDAAGUARDO NEWSMERCI BEACOUP" [French "Thank you."

**
2. acacio zeza uanda, 2016
"Moyoweno
I am this Tchokwe , tribe living in Angola . I liked
the music very much. I would like to know this group is that country?
parabens my brothers , not imagined to find my tribe
elsewhere .please would like to see more of this music
group aben�ado. DR . Acacio Zeza wanda"

**
3. Iyaloo Konstantinus, 2016
"Very nice gospel song, what language is this?"

**
Reply
4. Jakob Muleka, 2017
"Chokwe"

**
5. Brenda Wellano, 2016
"Which country you are from?"

**
Reply
6. INCH Videos, 2016
"Namibia"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.



Faussy Lala6 months ago
I love this band. I wished I can understand the language
Reply
Jakob Muleka5 months ago
It is nice song in My Language (Chokwe) and the song is available in the Hym book

acacio zeza uanda10 months ago
Moyoweno
I am this Tchokwe , tribe living in Angola . I liked
the music very much. I would like to know this group is that country?
parabens my brothers , not imagined to find my tribe
elsewhere .please would like to see more of this music
group aben�ado. DR . Acacio Zeza wanda



Related Posts
Previous
« Prev Post

Social Share